As Summer is drawing to a close, I can understand why catching those last few rays of sun is important to prolong your tan before the colder months are here again. With the upcoming August Bank Holiday this weekend, I want you all to make sure you are safe in the sun, whilst enjoying the glorious sunshine.
For the past twenty years I’ve been passionate about looking after my skin, by investing in good quality skincare products to help slow the ticking of time. But the most important product you should have in your beauty routine is quality SPF cream, as the sun’s rays have the biggest effect on ageing the skin and also harming the skin in more health damaging ways. Whether that be UVB damage causing the skin to burn, peel and blister or UVA damage attacking the collagen fibres deep in the epidermis making us age quicker. The shocking statistic is UVA damage doesn’t show on the skin straight away, it can take upto 10 years to show the damage you have caused, which is a scary thought. I know that sounds a bit heavy but I want you all to take this information seriously.
So it is very important to act now and protect your skin, not only in summer when its hot and you don’t want to burn, but all year round.
I wanted to share with you, the Ultrasun range of products, since 1992 this brand has been changing the world of suncare and has certainly changed my opinions on sun protection, they offer various once a day formulas and strengths depending on your skin colouring or preference of application, which will not only save your skin but also your wallet. I have been using a few of the different variations from the Ultrasun range to give you a well rounded view on how you can protect yourself.
The most important part of using this range is when you apply to your skin make sure you apply it to clean, dry skin and allow 15 minutes before sun exposure or applying further skincare products.
- Anti-Ageing Face SPF 30 £20 – In 2007 Ultrasun introduced this advanced Anti Ageing Face formula to their range, combining powerful anti ageing ingredients like Ectoin which is a natural substance proven to prevent UVA induced photoaging, giving active DNA cell protection and Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), which is an enzyme that effectively neutralises skin damage and free radical activity stimulated by exposure to the sun. Which when combined with a photostable SPF 30 gives you a multi purpose product that will protect your skin, prevent further skin ageing and actively work to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. What more could you want? I find I only need one pump of this cream to apply over the facial area, making sure I have an even coverage over my skin and remember to cover your ears too.
- Anti-Ageing Tinted Face SPF 30 £26 – Well following on from the previous review, I asked what more could you want? Well maybe you also would like a tint to your face product, giving you the same wonderful power packed ingredients, to protect your skin, fight ageing and prevent further damage, combined with a natural skin tint to give your skin a hint of colour, evening out the skin tone as lets face it in the summer you don’t really want to be bothered with a foundation or even CC / BB creams.
- Sports SPF 20 Gel £23 – This was the first product I tried from Ultrasun, I was drawn to it as one thing that has put me off using SPF in the past is a thick greasy cream that never seems to sink into the skin. This Sports Gel is a revolutionary product, free from emulsifiers and perfume reducing the risk of allergy. This light gel formula glides over the skin and disappears pretty much straight away offering non greasy, water resistant protection. Great for guys with hairy legs are arms as this gel caught up in it. Apply a thin layer to your body wherever you are going to be exposing to the sun, for me it’s mainly the arms and legs.
- After Sun £19 – I have tried many after sun products before, all have had some effect in repairing and cooling the skin, but this aftersun is a real game changer, the fluid gel like texture gives instant relief by cooling and repairing after sun exposure. Ingredients like Liposomal SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) in this clever formulation activates the skin’s own biological repair system and helps to reduce free radical activity by 58%, even after exposure to the sun, preparing the skin for sun exposure. One important point I want to make clear is you should be applying after sun, after any sun exposure, as the skin needs specific ingredients to repair the skin, not just when you may be a bit red or sore from the sun, which shouldn’t be happening if you’re using an Ultrasun SPF cream or gel.
- Overnight Summer Skin Recovery Mask £38 – This product is the first of its kind an overnight mask, with a serum like texture which you apply either on its own before bed or as the last step of your facial routine. Ultrasun have combined all their many years of knowledge about how the sun affects the skin and produced a product to combat skin damage after exposure to the sun. We loose half a pint of water from our skin on a daily basis. in the summer this number increases so a product that will feed the skin over night with active ingredients of Brown Algae and Hyaluronic Acid which is released at different stages throughout the night to mimic the skins natural recovery process and is a welcome solution. Apply as the last step to your night time facial skincare routine to allow this product to work its magic overnight.
If you want high quality, dependable, stable SPF factors to protect yourself from the sun, then the Ultrasun range is a must, the once a day application is so easy and economical to use. The ingredients are thoroughly researched to give you the most out of your suncare. I would recommend for everyone to try this brand.
Have you tried any of the Ultrasun range yet?
Do you use a high SPF Factor?
Feel free to leave a comment about this review below.