Hello Beauties, I hope you’re having a great weekend, it has been nice and sunny here in the North East, which is a welcome change to the wind and rain. I want to share with you one of my favourite Sunday rituals, which I call #SpaSunday. I look forward to this day each week as it’s the one day, I have some free time to give my skin a good pampering.
This week I have chosen to use the Merumaya skincare range and I am using their Gentle Exfoliating Toner, Skin Brightening Exfoliating Peel and Mud Marvels Mask. It is important at least once a week to give your skin a thorough exfoliation and a mask treatment, as these products can make a big difference to the skin and these are the “workhorse” treatments in any facial.
- Step 1 – Make sure you have cleansed your skin
- Step 2 – Gentle Exfoliating Toner – this toner has natural AHA’s, which gently, yet effectively peels away the dead skin, detoxify, cleanse and refine pores, which is essential to reveal fresh, smooth and bright skin. This toner can be used everyday to help refine the skin’s texture and contains Hyaluronic Acid to increase hydration in the skin and is perfect to use before any facial treatments. I have been using this toner daily after cleansing and I have noticed my skin looks radiant and the texture feels smooth and plump since using this toner,
- Step 3 – Skin Brightening Exfoliating Peel – I am a big fan of using facial peels as they don’t contain particles which can irritate the skin. This peel uses Glycolic Acid and Pomegranate Enzymes to gently resurface the skin, allowing further treatment products and your daily moisturisers or serums to work more effectively. This peel also has a an ingredient called Medicalm™ which stimulates the release of anti-irritant neuromediators in the skin to soothe and calm. After removing this peel I can immediately see a difference in my skin, it looks refreshed and bright, which feels like baby soft skin.
- Step 4 – Gentle Exfoliating Toner – I always like to use a toner after water has been one my skin, as I removed the peel with water.
- Step 5 – Mud Marvels Mask – I have chosen this mask as I want to detox and purify my skin, as I have a few breakouts and oily patches at the moment, this is down to feeling run down and not sleeping well. It’s been quite a few years since I have used a mud mask as I have often found them to be very drying and astringent on the skin. However this mask, while containing deep cleansing ingredients of Charcoal, Volcanic Ash and Kaolin, it is packed with a complex of skin nourishing ingredients such as Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Oat Oil and Vitamin E, to gorge the skin with moisture and balance the effects of the purifying elements of this mask. I noticed once I removed this mask my problem areas of blackheads around my nose and forehead looked, clean, clear and smooth.
- Step 6 – Gentle Exfoliating Toner – Once more as I used warm water to remove the mud mask.
- Step 7 – Follow with you usual skincare serums and moisturisers.
If your skin is feeling a little out of sorts and unbalanced, or you’re looking for treatments that can deeply cleanse and resurface your skin then I would recommend giving this trio a try. Even if you just wanted to start off with the toner and then build up the routine, you will begin to see a difference with just this product.
You can purchase each of these products direct from the Merumaya website and they range between £17.50 & £19.50 which for these sizes and high quality ingredients is amazing value.
Have you tried any of the Merumaya range before?
Do you use any form of exfoliation or treatment masks at the moment?
Please comment below and let me know.