Hello Beauties, a month today I turn another year older. While this may be a cause for concern for some, I don’t think of getting older as something to feel blue about. It’s a time to celebrate with my close friends and family, eat my favourite food which is home-made corned beef pie, chunky chips & beans, followed by apple crumble & custard. I understand the blue feelings, maybe it’s the sign of another wrinkle or that you now fall into the next age category on the many forms that come with getting older. But I want you to forget about all the reasons to feel sad and embrace turning another year older and the achievements you have made in your life.
A fun fact you may not know about me is I share my birthday with Queen Elizabeth II, albeit not the same birth year. But I have always felt a sense of pride to celebrate alongside our longest reigning monarch.
At this time of year I like to step up my skincare routine and try new products to see what a difference they can make by being more focussed and consistent over a thirty day period. It’s important to me to not only look good but to feel good on the inside, that’s why this year I will be trying some new skincare supplements along with some topically applied products and I will be blogging about these over the next month.
I want to share with you some of my top tips to improve your skin and beat the birthday blues:
- Take some time out just for you, I recommend to schedule time in your planner or diary, just to spend time with yourself and relaxing.
- Use your weekly moisturising or anti ageing mask every night for ten nights instead of once a week to kick start seeing big skin changes.
- Double cleanse your skin both morning and evening, this step can make a big difference to your skin.
- Try something new, use this time to throughly test and see the results a new product can make to your skin.
- Above all be consistent, this is a mantra that I apply to all aspects of my life as it can have the biggest profound effect.
All of these tips can be applied to many occasions, birthdays, engagements, weddings, reunions or a special night out or event that you have planned.
I hope you have enjoyed this blog and look forward to celebrating with you all on the 21st April.
Feel free to leave a comment about this review below.