Hello Beauties, it’s my favourite time of the week when I have the time to give my skin a good pampering in a ritual which I call Spa Sunday. This week I have chosen the Murad skincare range, I will be using their Refreshing Cleanser, Essential-C Toner and Intensive-C Radiance Peel. It is important at least once a week to give your skin a thorough exfoliation or mask treatment, as these products can make a big difference to the skin and these are the “workhorse” products in any facial.
- Step 1 – Refreshing Cleanser – This is an effective cleanser to remove makeup, dirt and impurities, leaving my skin feeling soft, smooth and refreshed. It’s gentle foaming formula which contains extracts of Cucumber and Hawaiian White Ginger, make this suitable for even the most sensitive of skins.
- Step 2 – Essential-C Toner – Whenever I use water to remove a cleanser I always like to use a toner to rebalance the skin, this toner has been infused with additional antioxidant benefits to fight free radicals and restore radiance to the skin with Vitamins A, C and E. I like that this toner comes in a spray bottle which makes it quick and easy to use without the need for cotton pads. It also contains Witch Hazel which has helped to reduce the frequency of breakouts and pore size on my cheeks and chin, by using this as a my daily toner.
- Step 3 – Intensive-C Radiance Peel – This treatment peel combines Glycolic Acid which exfoliates and resurfaces the complexion, whilst infusing the skin with the antioxidant and collagen boosting benefits of Vitamin C and Myrtle extracts. You only need to use two pumps to apply an even layer over the face, avoiding the eye area. After one application of this peel I could instantly see a transformative difference, my skin had a radiant glow, the texture felt smoother, more refined, fine lines appeared less visible, after just one ten minute treatment. When I first applied this to the skin I did feel a slight tingling sensation that quickly went away, but this is to be expected when using a product which contains glycolic acid. This is a sophisticated formula which has been thoroughly tested for all skin types, but if you know that your skin can be reactive, I would suggest doing a patch test on the skin behind your ear a day before you plan to use this all over the face.
- Step 4 – After removing this peel with warm water, spritz the toner over the skin and feel how cleansed, soft and rejuvenated your skin feels.
- Step 5 – Follow with your usual facial oils, serums or moisturisers.
If your are looking in the mirror and your skin looks dull, lacking energy or has just seen better days then I would reach for this trio of targeted solutions from Murad. Using the cleanser and toner on a daily basis will improve the look and feel of the skin, but once a week as an extra treat use the peel to dramatically improve your skin’s appearance.
You can purchase each of these products direct from the Murad website, they retail at £25 for the Refreshing Cleanser 200ml and Essential-C Toner 150ml, whilst the Intensive-C Radiance Peel 50ml is £49.50 and can also be purchased from QVCUK, as you only need to use this peel once a week it will last many months, each treatment is only costing you a couple of pounds to see a difference you would pay a lot more for in a salon facial.
Each of these products also come with the Murad Promise that if these fail to give you the results that you desire then they will buy the product back from you even if it has been used and offer a Freepost address which can be found on the website.
For the month of April the Intensive-C Radiance Peel is currently the beauty pick of the month and has been reduced by 15% to £42. Also until the Tuesday 5th April you can recieve an exclusive 20% discount against all products by using the code SECRET at the checkout, so there couldn’t be a better time to give these products a try.
Have you tried any of the Murad range before?
Do you use any form of exfoliation or treatment masks at the moment?
Please comment below and let me know.