Well June seems to be flying by, there are less than two weeks left before July is here. It’s a lovely sunny Sunday here and it also happens to be #FathersDay. I will be cooking Sunday lunch for my family as a special treat, but before I do that I am taking some time to give my skin a good pampering.
This week I have chosen the Liz Earle skincare range, I will be using their Cleanse & Polish, Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Brightening Treatment Mask, Superskin Face Serum, Superskin Eye Cream and Superskin Moisturiser with Neroli. It is important at least once a week to give your skin a thorough treatment, as these products can make a big difference to the skin and these are the “workhorse” products in any facial.
- Step 1 – Cleanse & Polish £15.50 – This is most the awarded cleanser in the beauty industry and it easy to see why, it comes in a pump dispenser tube, allowing me to apply the correct amount to the skin every time. I use one pump on a morning and sometimes two on an evening to take off my SPF cream and makeup. By using the muslin cloth to remove allows for a daily gently exfoliation to the skin. I adore the fresh, revitalising aroma, it’s a delight to use and very effective yet gentle to the skin.
- Step 2 – Instant Boost Skin Tonic £14.75 – I always use a toner whenever water has been on my skin, to regulate and balance. This is more than a toner it’s truly a tonic to the skin with Aloe Vera & Cucumber to refresh and soothe the skin. I love the spritzer version as it allows for quick application and can be used throughout the day to hydrate the skin.
- Step 3 – Brightening Treatment Mask £15.00 – This two minute mask treatment, uses a white clay base to combine natural actives such as Camphor, Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera to instantly revitalises and brightens the skin’s appearance. This is a potent treatment and can make an instant difference to the skin if you wake up and your skin is looking tired and dull.
- Step 4 – Instant Boost Skin Tonic – I would always spritz the toner on the skin after removal of the mask to refresh and balance the skin.
- Step 5 – Superskin Eye Cream £35 – I prefer to apply my eye cream before my facial moisturisers as this gives me a guide not to go to close to the eye area with those products. This is the newest superskin formula to the range and has taken many years of research to product the optimum results. It has a luxurious hydrating texture, enriched with the signature Superskin, botanical blend of Rosehip, Borage and Cranberry Seed oils. I am always searching for the perfect eye cream, as like most men this is first place to notice signs of ageing, this eye cream is a real multi-tasker, combining Paracress extract to lift and firm the hooded appearance of my eyelids, whilst Pomegranate Fruit, Green Tea and Alfalfa extracts have made a signifficant difference to the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. I would say this is Holy Grail of eye creams that I have tried so far.
- Step 6 – Superskin Facial Serum £48 – A facial serum is important in your skincare routine and should be considered and essential over the age of 30, to feed and repair the skin. I found that one pump into the palm of my hand, which I then press my hands together and smooth over the skin, was enough for my entire face. The texture starts off looking like a cream, but upon contact with the skin, it transforms into a rich elixir that instantly melts into the skin and I could immediately feel a firming effect. I have seen noticeable difference in the firmness of my jawline and cheekbones. Everything just feels lifted, plumper and more radiant, as if I had turned back the clock a couple of years.
- Step 7 – Superskin Moisturiser with Natural Neroli £39 – This is a new addition to the Superskin range with added natural neroli oil to enrich and uplift the skin. The luxurious texture just melts into the skin, it contains a rich blend of GLA, Omega 3 and Antioxidants to deeply hydrate and replenish the skin, along with collagen boosting Pomegranate Seed, have given my skin a plump, dewy appearance. As I have combination skin I tend to use this more as a night cream, but like today my skin needs an extra hit of hydration and perfect to use as a day cream for dry or dehydrated skin.
If you are looking for a simple yet effective routine that contains naturally active botanicals that can be traced to source origin, which treat and feed the skin without using SLS or petrochemicals, which can potentially cause skin reactions. Liz Earle have also been awarded the Leaping Bunny to show they are a cruelty free brand, which I think it very important when choosing your skincare. I have seen a big change in my skin by using these products and if you would like to see the “Liz Earle Glow” and “Slow The Ticking” then this is perfect range for you.
Have you tried any of the Liz Earle range before?
Does your guy pinch your beauty products?
I would love to know your stories and experiences.