I hope you are all having day so far, I am excited to share with you a new subscription box concept by Moi-Meme. Each quarter their boxes will be based around a theme, combining fashion, beauty, stationery, jewellery and accessories. This is a breath of fresh air as so many boxes that are out there just focus on one of these elements so you end up subscribing to many boxes to get everything that you want.
For their July Edition, Moi-Meme have created The Adventure Box which is a wonderful combination of luxe treats, perfect for a getaway or staycation allowing you to have the all important “Me” time, as modern life can be so busy and hectic. If however you are planning an adventure of your own, maybe to a warmer climate this Summer then these would be the perfect essentials to take with you.
How It Works – The price of the subscription per quarter is £49.95 with free p&p if you’re in the UK, otherwise it’s £14.95 per box for European subscribers and £19.95 per box for the rest of the world. In each box you will recieve six bespokely created items with a value of around £80 per box, which offers fantastic value for money. You can also choose to pay annually, which would make the perfect birthday, anniversary of christmas gift which would cost £179.95, reducing the equivalent monthly cost of the box by £5 each month.
So if you choose to subscribe now you will be signing up for the October box ahead of the rush.
The box itself feels very luxurious and one that you will want to keep and comes with personalised emblem on the inside. Now I bet you are wondering what is in this box? well I won’t keep it from you any longer, here is my overview of this month’s fantastic collection:
- Lisa Angel – Aztec Scarf with Pom Poms RRP £12 – This is a beautiful scarf made from 100% cotton and is 112cm x 184 cm, perfect as an over the shoulder number to shade you from the heat or a cool breeze, equally it could be worn around the waist whilst relaxing pool side as a sheer cover up, this comes complete with a card for more inspiring looks to create. This brand shows how a great idea and determination can achieve your goals. Lisa Angel started off 11 years ago at local craft fairs to become a multi-million pound business, starting from her living room floor, the business has gone from strength to strength, employing over fifty people to keep up with the growing demand.
- Lisa Angel – Slim Wrap & Beads Bracelet RRP £8 – This everyday piece looks elegant and stylish, whilst being easy to wear and would beautifully team up with flip flops and a light flowing fabrics. This bracelet wraps around the wrist three times, giving you a multi layered look without the fuss. The beads are silver plated and come in a choice of small/medium (17cm) or Medium/Large (18.5cm) the sizes are based on the details you give when subscribing, but if there are any issues you can always get in touch for an exchange.
- Moi-Meme Travel Journal RRP £20 – I adore this personalised journal, it adds an extra special element to this box and shows the love and passion Moi-Meme have for their subscribers. If like me you need somewhere to jot down your thoughts throughout the day or perhaps you want to document you adventures over the Summer this is the perfect companion to do so. I keep this with me in my man bag everyday and have had many compliments on how beautiful this looks every time I get it out. Also once you have filled the book there will be an opportunity in the future to purchase refills, so you can transfer the beautiful fabric cover.
- Laurige France Passport Holder RRP £20 – For me, leather always adds a touch of luxury, the beautifully soft leather and craftsmanship is shown throughout and to be able to encase one of the most important travel essentials in this gorgeous holder is such a treat. I have looked into this type of item before and could never quite justify the expense but you are receiving it at a fraction of the cost by being an exclusive subscriber. This passport holder comes in 12 colour shades, which will be chosen for you, however should you wish to exchange for another colour then you can exchange as you wish. Laurige has been crafting beautiful leather accessories since 1950, with a small team of skill craftspeople design and create a wide range of products, they have four shops in France, 4 in Singapore and 5 in Indonesia. You can find this range in some exclusive independent boutiques in the UK and of course now with Moi-Meme.
- Evolve Organic Beauty – Tropical Blossom Body Polish 180ml RRP £20 – This exquisitely scented body polish takes inspiration from the tropical beaches of Tahiti and contains particles of organic sugar to gently buff the skin, combined with a Coconut, Sunflower and Sweet Almond oil base to nourish the skin whilst exfoliating. The aroma comes from Tahitian blossoms of Gardenia combined with Orange fruit waters which combines for a luxurious, yet uplifting scent. Massage onto dry skin, then I like to relax in a warm bath and watch this turn into the most exquisite milk bath which envelops the entire body, leaving the skin soft, smooth and delicately scented. This range combines natural and organic ingredients sourced from around the globe. Everything is suitable for Vegans and is cruelty free.
- Evolve Organic Beauty – Tropical Blossom Body Butter 30ml RRP £4 – This is the perfect addition to the body polish as once you have exfoliated your skin it is more receptive to skin hydrating oils and butters to give deep hydration. You only need a small amount which instantly melts upon contact, feeding your skin with Shea Butter, Coconut and Sweet Almond Oils. This has the same intoxicating aroma as the body polish and allows your to layer this fragrance for a longer lasting scent on the body. These mini sizes make the perfect size to travel with and you will come back from your adventure with plenty left in the apothecary inspired pot.
Overall this is a fantastic collection and I believe it offers something completely different from your run of the mill subscription box, everything inside is beautifully presented and feels so luxurious. The quality of all these items didn’t disappoint and I adore the attention to detail taken to make this a wonderful experience. This box has the “WOW” factor for me and I was blown away by the variety of the contents, even more so by the relatively economic cost compared to value contained within this box. There are no filler or items that I wouldn’t find a use for which is often commonplace.
This is a refreshing evolution in the subscription box market and I am very keen to find out what next month has in store. I think this would make a perfect treat for yourself or to that special someone in your life as a monthly reminder you are thinking about them and they will create new memories with each of these products. If I was on a desert island I would certainly want to take all of these items with me.
Have you tried other subscription boxes before?
Did you enjoy the experience or looking for something more?
Please comment below and let me know