I’m a big fan of fragrance, so much so I believe in having a fragrance wardrobe, as different aromas can change my mood in an instant. I might choose one that’s fresh or with citrus notes to perk me up on a morning, whereas i’d go for more spicy florals, ambers and leather tones on an evening. I love how a fragrance can remind you of an occasion and my top tip is to always wear a new fragrance to a special event such as a wedding, birthday, first date as you never know what fragrance memories you are going to create.
It’s been a little while since I tried some new fragrances as I tend to purchase my much loved favourites over and over, so I was excited when I received a sample pack from the Aura-Soma Pegasus Parfum Collection. There are eight fragrances in the range, each with their own unique number, which I like as sometimes it can be difficult to remember the name of a fragrance, whereas it’s much easier to say i’m wearing number 44 or 58.
I love that all of these fragrances have been lovingly crafted with so much care and attention to embrace the art of perfumery, as in this modern age there can be too much focus on churning out a scent with lots of mass marketing and advertising, whereas this range uses purely natural and organic essential oils which have been ethically sourced and extracted with no pollution or pesticides and is free from petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances or preservatives. Even the alcohol which acts as a fragrance carrier, is certified Organic by the Soil Association and is fermented using pure organic grain. Aura-Soma is dedicated to actively working with the Earth’s ecosystem, by taking responsibility for how they create these exquisite fragrances, reducing their carbon footprint and using biodegradable ingredients, sustainable and recyclable packaging wherever possible and have an active involvement in planting trees and establishing sustainable woodlands over the past twenty five years.
Whether you like anything from citrus fruity aromas to woody, musky scents or even if floral is more your thing, this Pegasus range will have the perfect scent for you. I have tested these in various ways, I have worn them myself spraying one per day to see how long they last and also asking the female members of my family to wear and choose their favourites. As I wanted to compare how I felt about the aromas with my Mother who is in her sixties and my sister who is in her forties.
- Parfum 75 – This is a wonderfully calming and mind clearing citrus scent with Top, Middle & Base notes of Orange, Jasmine, Neroli, Patchouli and Vanilla, which have been expertly blended to create a unique experience. I feel like i’m in an orange grove, the warm sun ripening this juicy fruit, with a warm breeze of floral tones all mixing together. If you’re looking for a new take on a full bodied floral with fruity tones than this is the one for you.
- Parfum 11 – This fragrance is one of the most citrus scents I’ve ever experienced and combines some of my most loved Top, Middle and Base notes, such as Lemon, Bergamot, Neroli and Vetiver. I quite often choose scents with these notes in them and to be combined with Rose takes this aroma to another level. This scent has been delicately blended and reminds me of being in a opulent English tea room, taking in the subtleties of life all around us. Parfum 11 was favoured by my Mother as one of her top picks from this collection, which I think fits perfectly as she is very much an English Rose.
- Parfum 80 – This is one of my top picks from this collection, I adore the scent of Lily as it has an exotic and regal quality which really comes through in this fragrance. With Top, Middle and Base notes of gorgeous florals such as Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Carnation and Rose combined with rich tones of Cinnamon and Vanilla. This would be a perfect scent for a wedding or anniversary as it will compliment these special occasions and everytime you wear it you will be reminded of that day.
- Parfum 44 – I found this to be the most subtle fragrance from this collection, it’s like a whisper of scent gently caressing the skin with Top, Middle and Base notes of Orris, Cedar Wood, Violet and Precious Woods. This fresh aroma feels like a protective blanket or bubble that gives you strength and inner confidence. The combination of floral and woody tones blend beautifully together.
- Parfum 30 – This is my absolute favourite, that I would personally wear myself, with Top, Middle and Base notes of Bergamot, Oudh, Jasmine, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Amber, Vetiver and Musk. I luv the sweetness of the floral tones mixed with earthy, woody undertones and finished off with a touch of luxury. To me this is understated glamour, people will notice that you exude this aura of confidence and wonder how you smell that good. This is also the one which i’ve had most compliments about when I have worn it from both males and females. This would be a must have for me to add to my fragrance wardrobe.
- Parfum 39 – This is a divine unisex scent. the combination Bergamot, Black Pepper and Cedarwood hit me straight away and are amongst my favourite fragrance notes, which are wonderfully blended with Lemon, Geranium, Nutmeg, Ylang Ylang and Vanilla is a delight to the senses, each time I experience a different aspect of this gorgeous aroma. I think this would be perfect for a first day or date night with a long term partner as they will want to snuggle up closer to you.
- Parfum 56 – This is my absolute favourite for a woman to wear, the soft powdery aroma of Violet it exquisite I can’t imagine anyone not enjoying this fragrance. With Top, Middle and Bottom notes of Nutmeg, Violet, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, Amber and Musk, combine together in the most wonderfully sweet floral scent. If you are a fan of Musk but would like an updated modern version then this would be a perfect choice. Both my Sister and Mother adore this fragrance and was their top pick from this collection. To me this is always appropriate no matter the occasion.
- Parfum 58 – This is a zesty, fresh fragrance experience that could take you from day to evening and would be perfectly combined with a “LBD” featuring Top, Middle and Base notes of Bergamot, Lime, Geranium, Basil, Lemon, Black Pepper, Rose, Sandalwood and Vetiver. There is a richness to this aroma, which you wouldn’t initially expect with the amount of fresh citrus notes contained in this fragrance. Another one of my favourites from this collection.
Overall this is a stunning collection of fragrances, it’s not often that I have tried a whole range from one brand and fell in love with almost everyone of of these scents. There isn’t one that I don’t like or have turned my nose up at, each one offers its own unique spirit that becomes a part of you. I do have favourites which i’ve mentioned, that is only natural that i’m drawn to certain scents and notes more than others, but this experience has opened up my eyes to the world of Aura-Soma. I found these fragrances to be some of the most long lasting that I have tried, a couple of spritzes on a morning is enough to last until late evening. I kept getting a whiff of the perfume throughout the day which is a sign of quality for me.
I love how the bottles have been designed to evoke thoughts and emotions through colour therapy, that’s a stroke of genius. Each of these perfumes are available in a 50ml size and retail at £85 each and is available to purchase via the Pegasus Parfum website. Whilst this may be on the higher end of the price spectrum, I believe that everything you are paying for is quality and the knowledge that you are doing your part for the sustainability of the planet.
I would highly reccomend this range of perfumes and would be the ultimate treat to indulge yourself or nudge your other half in this direction.
Have you tried any of the Aura-Soma fragrance range before?
Do you like to choose a naturally based perfume?
Do you value ethically sourced ingredients and values?
Please comment below and let me know.