I’m not sure what has happened to the sun over the last few days, it’s been wet and windy up here in the North East, so i’ve been searching through my wardrobes for extra layers to keep warm and i’ve noticed that it could do with an update, especially with the changing of seasons just around the corner. I’m actually more of an Autumn / Winter type of person as I enjoy the cosy nights and wrapping up warm in the latest Autumnal fashion colours and designs.
One of my favourite places that I like to go for inspiration and to purchase new clothing is at House of Fraser, as they always have a wide selection of colours and styles that is suitable for all budgets. I first discovered the joy of shopping for new clothes when I worked in the beauty department of the Manchester Deansgate House of Fraser store, as every morning and evening I would pass through the menswear department to get to and from the staff lockers, which gave me a chance to experience the quality and selection of clothing available. I was soon purchasing new pieces each week, to build up my collection.
With this in mind I have been browsing through the knitwear trends that have just arrived at House of Fraser and wanted to share with you my top picks for the upcoming AW16 season.
From Left to Right:
- Gant – Crew Neck Cable Knit Jumper £100 – This is a classic style that never dates, the cable knit design always reminds me of the Winter season, going for a stroll in the countryside with a flask of hot coffee. I chose the Cream shade as this will mix and match well jeans, chinos or tonic suit pants. It is 100% cotton and is recommended to be washed at 40°C.
- Farah – Rosecroft Crew Neck Lambswool Logo Jumper £65 – I love the feeling of lambswool against my skin as it feels luxurious and helps to naturally regulate body temperature. I chose the Bordeaux shade as this is perfect for the Autumnal season and will look stylish, whether dressed up or down. Always use a cool iron and follow washing instructions.
- McGregor – Indi Norwood Cable Cardigan £110 – I think it’s important to have a good quality cardigan that you can reach for, they are especially good for layering and on dryer evenings can be worn without a coat. This rich shade of blue looks great on all skin shades and i’ve fallen for the mix of texture knits in this cardigan which add dimension and intrigue. It is 110% cotton and always follow washing instructions.
- PS by Paul Smith – Regular Fit All Over Heart Crew Neck Jumper £160 – There are times where it is important to stand out and make a statement, which is why I have chosen this piece. It’s made from luxurious 100% Merino Wool which has been woven into this fun and whimsical design. The two tone hearts really stand out against the navy background and look three dimensional. I would wear this on a romantic date or at a singles social gathering to attract attention. Machine washable but always follow instructions.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Cable Knit Cotton Jumper £115 – I am a big fan of the timeless cable knit design, which offers a classic style with a luxurious edge. I love this natural earthy looking Olive shade which adds a pop of colour to your look without being too in your face and can be mixed and matched with neutral shades of coffee and cream. Made from 100% cotton and always follow washing instructions.
I hope you have enjoyed my selection of my top knitwear picks for the forthcoming Autumn / Winter 2016 season and hopefully it gives you more of an insight into my personal style. If you would like to browse any of this selection in further detail or see what else House of Fraser has to offer then then I suggest you visit their website and maybe treat yourself, go on you deserve it.
Do you like to buy a new piece each season to be part of the trend?
Are you fan of the fashion available at House of Fraser?
Please comment below and let me know.