I have been exited for today for the past couple of months as today see the launch of the new Autumn / Winter, OPI Washington DC Collection on QVCUK. This fifteen piece collection comprising of twelve core and three limited edition shades is the result of a brand new collaboration with Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominated actress Kerry Washington, who was recently named as OPI’s first ever Creative Ambassador. Kerry has worked very closely with OPI co founder Suzi Weiss-Fischmann to develop and name all of these wonderful shades.
I have to say that the Washington DC is fast becoming one of my favourite collections from OPI. There is such a variety of shades and tones to suit the upcoming Fall / Winter season, ranging from Emerald Greens to Berry and Chocolate shades without forgetting about neutral, peach and yellow tones, there really is something for everyone and is the perfect chance to experiment.
There will be three collections launching on QVCUK today, which are:
Item 218893 – OPI 6 Piece Washinton Nailcare Collection £30.36 RRP
- Suzi – The First Lady Of Nails 15ml Nail Lacquer – Make a statement with this chic deep olive shade, which would look perfect teamed up with the must have seasonal leather handbags and clutches.
- Yank My Doodle 15ml Nail Lacquer – This creamy copper tone, brings new life to the jaded burnt oranges of the past, this looks expensive and brightens any outfit.
- CIA = Color Is Awesome Nail Lacquer – I adore this deep, dusky energetic blue toned shade, it’s one of my favourites from the entire collection and I can see this becoming the must have shade of the season. I can see this working perfectly with mulberry or tobacco printed dress.
- Pale To The Chief – This is a stunning nude shade, the perfect amount of depth to enhance and elongate your nails, I can imagine sipping champagne cocktails whilst wearing this gorgeous nude tone.
- Brilliance 15ml Top Coat – If you thought that the Rapid-Dry Top Coat was fast then you will adore this long lasting, high shine protective top coat, which also helps to prevent your colour from fading and an inbuilt UV Blocker to prevent yellowing or staining. I am super impressed by how this top coat gives a slick, wet look appearance to the nails, that looks like they have just been painted even days later.
- OPI Hawaiian Orchid 15ml Nail Envy – a beautiful pastel pink shade which will suit most skin tones and nail lengths. This is a bolder choice than the Bubble Bath if you’re looking for a bit more depth of colour whilst strengthening at the same time.
Then if you are just looking for a couple of new shades to add to your collection, then there are two duo sets available too.
Item 218895 – OPI 2 Piece Stay Off The Lawn & Yank My Doodle Collection £18
- Yank My Doodle 15ml Nail Lacquer – This creamy copper tone, brings new life to the jaded burnt oranges of the past, this looks expensive and can see this becoming a big fashion shade for the season.
- Stay Off The Lawn 15ml Nail Lacquer – If you’re looking for a deep and mysterious foliage shade, then look no further this luscious tone of green, stands out for all the right reasons when put together with creamy neutral tones.
Item 223856 – OPI Squeaker Of The House & Freedom Of Peach Collection £18
- Squeaker Of The House 15ml Nail Lacquer – This rich chocolate tone looks so elegant and expensive, it’s rare to see a shade quite like this and is all kinds of fabulous. I would colour block this with monochrome print or a creamy cashmere jumper.
- Freedom Of Peach 15ml Nail Lacquer – This is vibrant yet understated and says so much about this collection, there is a real depth to this shade, whilst adding a pop of colour to your outfit. I would wear this with a LBD to really made the colour pop.
I hope you can join the wonderful Siobhain Squires at 6pm today on QVCUK for the launch, feel free to tweet in any pictures of your nails, would be fab to see.
Have you tried any of the OPI Nail Lacquer shades before?
What is your Desert Island OPI shade?
Please comment below and let me know.