It’s the perfect time of year to give your beauty routine a Spring clean and what better way to kick-start your skin than with this fantastic sensorial six piece collection from the luxury British skincare and spa brand Elemis. Who for over twenty five years, have been harnessing the power of science and nature, to produce cutting edge formulations to enhance your skin, body and mind.
I first discovered Elemis over 20 years ago when I used their Lime Blossom Cleanser, Lavender Toner and Fruit Active Mask to help with my teenage acne skin and ever since then I’ve been hooked to their wonderfully aromatic products. As I’m now in my mid thirties my skin needs have changed and this is reflected in the products that I use, so I was delighted to see their was some powerful anti-ageing solutions in this collection, plus the chance to try the brand new Sea Lavender & Samphire body products, which are currently only available in this TSV.
Item 229031 Elemis 6 Piece Pro-Collagen Science Of The Sea Collection £59.96 RRP
£189.50 available on 4 EZ Payments.
- 150ml Gentle Foaming Facial Wash – I’m a big fan of face washes especially in the morning as I really enjoy the refreshing feeling, but so many leave my skin feeling quite dry or tight, even though I have a combination skin. This new addition to the Elemis cleansing wardrobe, has quickly become my current favourite, as it’s not your average face wash. First of all it has a luxurious creamy texture with aromatics of uplifting lemon and orange, which first of all you massage onto dry skin and then once you introduce water it turns into a creamy lather to remove all traces of makeup, dirt and grime from my skin and best of all my skin feels plump and hydrated once removed. This is due to extracts of fig and apple amino acids which help to produce the foamy texture but also have respect for the skins moisture barrier. Whether you use this in the morning or evening it’s a pleasure to use and I think you will be pleasantly surprised how effective this cleanser works.
- 15ml Pro-Collagen Super Serum Elixir – I have wanted to try this serum for a while now, as I’ve been a long term user of Pro Collagen Marine Cream, so I was interested to see what affect this clinically proven, concentrated anti-ageing formula would have on my skin. First of all the texture is not what I expected, as most serums have a gel base, where as this has a trio of oils which nourish and hydrate the skin on contact, leaving it feeling silky smooth and soft. Elemis have been really clever with this formulation by including short chain hyaluronic acid to penetrate deeper and blast the skin with hydration, combined with African birch which helps to relax the appearance of lines and wrinkles, plus Tri-Peptides to stimulate essential proteins and firming the appearance of the skin. If that’s not enough their is also the inclusion of their tried and tested Padina Pavonica sea algae extract in a concentrated form to really get to work on the appearance of lines and wrinkles. I noticed a difference in my skin after the first couple of days using this twice a day, in particular I had a stubborn line inbetween my eye brows and now I can’t seem to find it any more, which is amazing. Also the biggest change I’ve noticed is my skin texture feels smoother and firmer. This will be a staple in my routine from now on after seeing the effects on my skin first hand. You can either use one pump all over the entire facial area or as a targeted treatment on specific areas or lines to really get to work to plump out the appearance.
- 30ml Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream – This is my go to night cream when my skin is looking dull and tired, you know those days where you look in the mirror and the skin looking back at you doesn’t match how your feeling and seems to have lost it’s bloom, which is typical for this time of year with the change in seasons. The best thing about this cream is the texture it’s light enough to melt straight into my skin, yet provides all the hydration I need and contains a blend of Laminaria Digitata and Red Coral which work in synergy with your skins repair system, whilst anit-oxidant rich Sesame and Avocado Oils deliver oxygenating free radical protection and of course a does of Padina Pavonica for good measure too.
- 300ml Sea Lavender & Samphire Shower Milk – I am a big fan of the skin nourishing shower cream and milk bath so when I seen the words shower milk, I knew this would be a winner for me. The consistency is similar to the milk bath and has a coconut oil base to give a gentle foaming action when mixed with water, for a creamy lather that hydrates the skin and leaves a subtle aroma of fresh citrus notes mixed with lavender and patchouli. The aroma reminds me of Summer, as I live quite close to the sea and sandy beach it’s like a combination of the warm breeze mixed with refreshing salty sea air, turning my bathroom into my very haven by the seaside. The two main ingredients have brilliant skin nourishing properties as the sea lavender thrives in harsh conditions by retaining moisture whilst the samphire is packed with vitamin c to protect against pollution on the skin.
- 100ml Sea Lavender & Samphire Body Cream – This beautifully lightweight body cream feels so light and fresh on the skin and contains all the potent skin benefits as the shower milk with the inclusion of Macadamia oil to nourish and hydrate the skin. The aroma of the citrus notes come across stronger in this formulation and give the skin a fresh scent. I think guys will enjoy applying this as it doesn’t matte up hairy parts of the body and the aroma is like a fresh fine fragrance.
- 100ml Sea Lavender & Samphire Hand & Nail Balm – I do prefer a balm texture when it comes to hand moisturisers as I they seem to sink in deeper and leave the skin with a matte appearance which is great for me as I don’t want my skin to feel shiny or slippery. I have recently been making improvements to my garden, which I’m not that green fingered but has left my hands feeling so dry and tight, so to be able to apply a generous amount at the end of the day to nourish my hands, has been my saviour.
This is the nearest to a men’s #TSV collection that Elemis have created as the aroma of the body products are incredibly unisex and refreshing, whilst the skincare elements are brilliant for a man’s skin to throughly cleanse, deeply hydrate and treat the appearance of lines and wrinkles, whilst improving the overall radiance of the skin, all of which have given my skin a freshly groomed appearance.
You could be totally indulgent and keep the entire collection for yourself or with the inclusion of the large beach bag you could split up this collection for birthdays or even Fathers Day. I personally will be keeping all of these for myself and may just buy a couple of extras at the midnight launch on April 1st on QVCUK.
I hope you can join the wonderful Keeley Aydin and Jill Franks for the launch to find out more about this collection, plus I hear the launch of the new Pro Collagen SPF 30 cream plus for all you Superfood Oil fans the duo is back and available on EZ payments.
Elemis create such wonderful aromatic collections and if your tastes prefer a different aroma such as the Frangipani, British Botanicals or perhaps the exclusive Golden Azahar then check out the Elemis brand shop HERE.
Have you tried of the Elemis skincare or bodycare ranges before?
Please comment below and let me know.