Most of you may know I am a massive fan of tennis, mainly because it’s the one sport I’m good at playing, you don’t want to see me on a football pitch believe me. Tennis is a sport I’m very passionate about and I take great pleasure in watching it whenever I get the chance, particularly the iconic Wimbledon tennis tournament which begins on the 3rd – 16th July 2017, mainly because it’s held in the UK and it’s the only Grand Slam event which is played on grass.
I’ve even been lucky enough to make the journey to London and attend a day at Wimbledon, which is quite a long journey and involved setting off in the middle of the night to queue up for tickets, but it was totally worth it, to be surrounded by what feels like the holy grail of tennis is amazing and I reccomend everyone to visit at least once in your lifetime.
The most surprising part of my visit was that it felt smaller than I thought, the tennis courts are all quite close together which actually makes it easier to grab a seat while you can. The only unfortunate part was the weather I picked one of the typical British rainy days so the amount of matches I could watch was limited but this didn’t dampen my spirits and would go back in a heartbeat, particularly if I ever had a ticket for Centre or No 1 courts.
I now want to share with you my Wimbledon essentials, some products and accessories that will keep you protected, looking good and smelling great.
- Wimbledon Championship Towel Men’s 2017 £30 – Whether you’re planning to visit Wimbledon or watch it from home, there is nothing better than having the official towel made by the iconic British brand Christy who have been creating this 100% cotton towel for many years which is used on court by all of the players. This years edition also has an innovative patented Hygro technology which offers great absorbency and helps retain the soft plush feel next to your skin. The size is 70 x 133 cm and has a 500gsm weight. You can also choose to personalise this towel with your initials to make it extra special, this service is available for £3.50 when you place your order. I am so proud to display this in my bathroom and take it with me when I go to the gym or play tennis.
- Merci Handy – New Wave Hand Cleansing Gel 30ml – This cute portable hand cleanser is a must, it’s amazing how many surfaces we touch everyday, which we pass onto our face or hair without thinking about it. I also like how this doesn’t over dry the skin like some others on the market and has a beautifully sweet vanilla aroma.
- EVY Sunscreen Mousse SPF50 100ml £18.95 – This wonderful sun protection mousse is suitable for even the most sensitive of skins, even children from 6 months of age upwards. With it’s easy to apply non-sticky formula that’s waterproof for up to 6 hours and is enriched with vitamin E & C, silk and collagen to hydrate and repair the skin whilst having a 98% UVA and UVB protection. There is no excuse to not make sure you’re being safe and responsible in the sun, I would always reccomend applying any sunscreen around ten minutes before exposure on cool dry skin to allow for maximum absorption and coverage.
- Radley London Wimbledon Leather Coin Purse £20 – I’m not a fan of carrying a big wallet with me, so when I seen this luxurious soft leather purse, that has enough room for my cards, notes and loose change I just had to buy it. I think this is incredibly unisex and comes in various shade choices, I opted for the classic elegance of the tan leather. I also took the name of the purse to be a sign, which I just couldn’t resist.
- Erborian Men’s Ginseng CC Cream £29 – This multipurpose wonder product combines matte effect skin perfecting properties with an SPF25, plus Korean technologies and ingredients such as Tiger Grass, Black Ginseng and Pinus Sylvestris which nourish the skin whilst promoting a radiant complexion. The texture melts into the skin and gives my skin a well groomed appearance, without looking as though I’m wearing makeup, I’ve also noticed the redness i’m prone to on my cheeks is beginning to look less noticeable even when I haven’t applied to this my skin. This is a must have for all guys to use!
- Liz Earle Superskin Superlip Balm 15ml £16 – This concentrated enriching lip moisturiser is packed with naturally active ingredients such as pomegrante seed oil, argan oil, shea butter and dragons blood extract. With the weather being so changeable I find my lips can quickly dry out, so I’m always looking for a great lip product that can meet my needs. Since I’ve been using this Superlip balm once a day, my lips have never felt so soft or comfortable and I’ve noticed they also have a plumped up appearance.
- Vanacci Watch Midnight £99 – This stunning timepiece looks wonderful dressed up or down as it combines minimalist design aesthetics with beautiful Italian inspired elements that you will want to show off for everyone to notice. The watch has a premium leather strap which feels comfortable and luxurious against the skin. The face is housed in a 38 mm stainless steel case, with a deep blue dichrotic face which refracts in the light with luminous hands, making it easy to see the time and benefits from Swiss engineering for optimum performance and reliability. Also this is water resistant to 3 atmospheres, so you can rest assured if you are caught out in the rain. I have had many compliments about this watch and I’m sure you will too.
- Jimmy Choo Man Ice Fragrance 100ml £64 – I chose this woody aromatic fragrance as the perfect compliment to my traditionally white Wimbledon attire, as I felt this was in keeping with the occasion. The refreshingly fruity top notes of mandarin orange and bergamot remind me of a perfect Summers day where the sun is shining with a warm gentle breeze in the air. As the day progresses the aroma morphs into a blend of woody cedar notes, combined with herbaceous mix of vetiver and apple, which ends with a warm comforting earthy aroma of musk. This is a enticing manly fragrance, perfect for Summer season of light nights and warm evenings, for the man who wants to exude innate confidence and effortless style.
- Wimbledon Face Cloth £10 – For those moments when you’re tucking into some strawberries and cream, or on the edge of your seat cheering on your favourite tennis player, this multi-functional face cloth provides comforting refreshment when it’s needed. These are available in a pack of two in purple and green shades or midnight and pink, allowing you to choose which take your fancy.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Wimbledon essential choices, to me they are the perfect products and accessories for a wonderful Summer’s day enjoying the tennis players battle it out to become the next Champion.